Knowledge and experience you can trust
At Inertia Consulting, our engineers are qualified to undertake civil and structural Design, Approval & Appraisal services of schemes affecting assets of gas transmission and distribution networks. This means we’re recognised as having extensive knowledge of the statutory codes and regulations required by Management Procedures such as G17, G35, PS6 and GL5 which cover works on the local gas transmission and distribution networks and larger distribution networks respectively.
End-to-end project management services
Our services also include the inspection, design review and testing of third party works on new builds, modifications, maintenance and repairs undertaken on the UK’s gas and oil networks. We also offer a project-managed design service for new and existing structures, covering the entire process from initial concepts through to supervising installations on-site.
Typical projects might include reviewing proposals to build new infrastructure over or around existing gas assets ; approving alterations to existing gas transmission and distribution above ground installations ; and undertaking capacity assessments to make sure planned works won’t damage the gas network.
For more information on our approval and appraisal services, please click here.
Projects we’ve completed for the energy sector include
• G35 Appraisal for crossings of the 25km Severn Trent Water Birmingham Resilience water supply pipeline over high and medium pressure gas assets;
• G35 Appraisal of temporary and permanent civil and structural design works relating to replacement of old isolation valves and corresponding gas infrastructure in the Bacton Gas Terminal;
• G35 Appraisal of civil and structural works related to replacement of old block valves, corresponding gas infrastructure, security fencing, road layout and drainage systems on the Guestwick AGI Feeder 2 block valve site;
• G35 Appraisal of civil and structural works related to replacement of old block valves, corresponding gas infrastructure, security fencing, road layout and drainage systems on the Erpingham AGI Feeder 2 block valve site;
• G35 Appraisal of replacement scheme for corroded vent intake steelwork within the St Fergus Compressor Station.
• G17, G35 and PS5 Appraisals and Approvals of numerous Pipeline Protection Slabs throughout the UK
• Specialised Structural Inspections and NDT for Energy Infrastructure
For more in-depth project case studies, please visit the Projects section of our website.